No one knows what the future holds, so it makes sense to plan for every possibility. Besides protecting your interests, a good plan gives you peace of mind in knowing your wishes will be carried out.
Everyone’s different, but you’ll probably want to consider:
- Taking a fresh look at your will to make sure it reflects your current position, overall interests and plans
- Avoiding inheritance tax on the value of your home and other assets
- How you want your financial affairs managed if you’re incapacitated by ill health (physical or mental)
- What a move to a residential or nursing home might mean for you.
Not sure where to start? Talk to us. Our highly experienced lawyers can help you plan and put things in place. We understand how personal this is, which is why we always handle these situations sensitively and with the utmost discretion.
Our services include:
- Setting up a living will so your choices are respected if you become seriously ill
- Advice on funding a move to residential or nursing care
- Establishing Lasting Powers of Attorney so your legal interests are in the right hands if you lose your ability to make informed choices
- Registering Enduring Powers of Attorney.