The management of leasehold properties on residential estates is a heavily regulated area. Landlords and tenants will often not agree on all aspects of how the estate is run, and there is considerable scope for conflict.
Our Commercial Property Team have the necessary experience to guide both landlords and tenants through the complex laws governing their relationships, whilst simultaneously maintaining focus on our clients' goals. We ensure that we look into every single case at an individual level, so we always have the best possible understanding for guiding our clients in the most efficient ways possible. Some examples of the type of work we have undertaken in this area include:
- Acting for Tenants in successfully acquiring the freehold to their estate, including representing them in ancillary enforcement proceedings against the Landlord
- Acting for a Landlord in resisting a Tenant claim to acquire the freehold to their Estate, where the Estate had development potential
- Advising a group of Tenants in the process of exercising their right to self manage their Estate
- Advising a Landlord on the consultation requirements associated with service charge recovery
- Advising a group of Tenants on their right of first refusal in respect of the Landlord disposal of their Estate