In the current buoyant residential property market, developers continue to take a long term strategic view when locating, securing and purchasing sites for future housing development.
Our Commercial Property Team enjoys considerable success in acquiring future development sites for our clients, as well as acting for landowners in the successful disposal of such sites. This provides us with extensive experience from both sides of a transaction, which enables us to offer you considerable insight during the whole development process.
Putting together a development site can be a complex matter, where timing is critical. Some of the areas we can assist you are:
- Title investigation and troubleshooting
- Site due diligence
- Contract negotiation - conditional sale contracts options, promotions, exclusivity agreements, overage
- Funding requirements - direct, mezzanine or bridging
- Construction - build contracts, professional team warranties
- Estate setup and plot disposals
Whether your proposals involve immediate or strategic land acquisition, we understand that you will want the site under contract as quickly as possible.
Developers...For developer clients we help acquire sites for immediate and strategic development, as well as acting on long term option agreements, promotion agreements and joint venture schemes of many types.
We have particular expertise in planning, collaboration and option agreements, and have represented numerous clients around the M25, from North London, Essex and Hertfordshire and beyond. We specialise in long term strategic agreements with potential build out values of tens of millions of pounds but also work for both developers and landowners on much smaller schemes which may involve the development of just a few units.
Examples of the work we have undertaken in this area include:
- The taking of Options to Purchase over mixed use development sites in the Maldon area
- The acquisition of a development site for a residential Developer, suitable for 12-15 dwellings, and the subsequent sale of those dwellings
- The sale of land with residential development potential, with the reservation of a share in any uplift in value after the grant of planning permission