We are looking for a Full or Part Time (Minimum 4 days a week, but with flexibility for additional days when required) Residential Conveyancer to join our busy Conveyancing Department in Chelmsford. The ideal candidate would be a qualified Solicitor, Licensed Conveyancer or Chartered Legal Executive with either lapsed or current Practising Certificate. Have an in depth knowledge and understanding of the progress of conveyancing matters.
You will be required to deliver support at a consistent and high standard to partners, fee-earners and administration staff and to meet client requirements and deadlines to deliver an exceptional client experience. You must have a flexible and positive approach to working in a busy and demanding conveyancing team.
- To provide a title checking service to the Department
- Supporting the senior members of the team in their caseloads, including running their cases during periods of absence and carrying out functions on their cases.
- Must be competent in both leasehold and freehold transactions
- To deal with matters of a pre-exchange and post-exchange nature
- Progressing the conveyancing process in an efficient, accurate and timely manner whilst adhering to legal requirements, including conducting exchange of Contracts where directed.
- Ensuring all documents and files are kept up to date
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism and ensuring client matters and information are kept confidential
- Advising clients on the wider implications of any transactions or advice having sought advice from senior team members.
- Keeping up to date with developments in Residential Property Law.
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties from time to time allocated to the role.
- Effective time management and organisational skills and the initiative to work independently, but also as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to building effective and trusting relations with people internally and external to the firm.
- Proven high level organisational and time management skills with the ability to think ahead, prioritise workload, respond to and manage changing circumstances and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Able to identify priorities within a complex and demanding workload and sustain consistent quality performance when under pressure.
- Flexible, adaptable and positive attitude to work.
- Inspires confidence by consistently delivering quality work
- Excellent knowledge of case management systems, MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Negotiable - Dependent upon experience.
Apply: Please email your CV and covering letter to Karen Mollison, e: firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS ROLE IS NOT SUITABLE FOR LPC GRADUATES (OR OTHERS) SEEKING TRAINEE SOLICITOR OPPORTUNITIES.
Gepp & Sons Solicitors LLP is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.